Definition of postdepression
occurring or existing after a depression (such as an economic depression) postdepression wages specifically post-Depression : following the Great Depression of 1929 to circa 1939 … she wrote in it of the area's culture of tea cakes, genial manners and racial segregation in the post-Depression era. — Serge F. Kovaleski and Jennifer Crossley Howard
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game