Definition of overexaggerate
: to exaggerate (something) to an excessive degree overexaggerating the threat/danger/risk Its effect/impact/importance was greatly overexaggerated. Let's face it: we are hardly objective in evaluating ourselves. We overexaggerate both our talents and failings.— Mark Rice-Oxley He yawns, overexaggerating, like a silent screen star.— Marly Swick … Roberts's most disgusting habit threatened to tear their chemistry apart. OK, so maybe we're slightly overexaggerating.— Crystal Bell
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?