Definition of overbill
: to submit a bill (see bill entry 4 sense 4a) of charges to someone for an amount in excess of what is due : to bill for an excessive amount The contractor overbilled us for the work. Thousands of customers were overbilled. The government agency alleges he overbilled nearly $1 million in that five-year period …— Pamela Fayerman … fraud is uncommon—somewhere between 0.5 per cent and five per cent of doctors overbill intentionally …— Pamela Fayerman
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game