Definition of outfly
: to surpass, avoid, or overcome by flying faster or better than The pair launch a partnership bantering at lightspeed while trying to outfly, outshoot and outlast a battalion of pursuit ships.— Colin Covert The Kingfisher also finds protection in the swiftness of its flight, which enables it to outfly most bird predators.— Fred Mison … overconfident pilots who believe they can outfly microbursts.— Henry Lansford
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game