Definition of nonparticipant
: one who does not participate in something … recent data show few differences in weight between food stamp participants and nonparticipants among women.— Michele Ver Ploeg et al. The activists drew support from passersby, with many nonparticipants voicing approval …— Brenna Smith
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?