Definition of nonmarket
: not of, relating to, included in, or characteristic of a market … the effect of nonmarket forces (including government and utility conservation programs) on energy use.— David J. Rose Roughly, commodification is the process by which nonmarket goods are drawn into the marketplace to be bought and sold.— William D. Wood distinguishing between a market economy and a nonmarket economy
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?