Definition of multitasker
: someone or something that performs multiple tasks : one that multitasks:
a : a person who can perform or manage many tasks at the same time The ultimate multitasker, he routinely had a half-dozen or more projects under contract at the same time, all of which would be seen to timely completion.— Mark S. Micale
b : something that has many functions or uses Skin is our largest organ, and it's a multitasker: It retains fluids while protecting us from bacteria and other foreign objects, it insulates, and it facilitates hair growth and perspiration.— Rebecca Skloot
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game