variants: or less commonly misgage
misgauged also misgaged; misgauging also misgaging
Definition of misgauge
: to gauge wrongly : misjudge In a report submitted last week, the NASA board concluded that mission engineers had most likely misgauged the heating of the back end of the spacecraft by exhaust gases from the internally mounted rocket.— Richard A. Kerr He didn't share his wife's interest in the performing arts, and therefore had misgauged the intensity of her ambition.— Kendra Bean
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game