Examples of integrity in a Sentence
- Many were tempted by a piece of the equity action and compromised their integrity. —Bruce Nussbaum, Business Week, 28 Jan. 2002
- By September, Gorbachev had told his aides that with Eastern Europe and Germany lost, the task was to defend the integrity of the Soviet Union itself. —Condoleezza Rice, Newsweek, 22 Nov. 1999
- But it is stunning to hear self-appointed watchdogs of public integrity shrug their shoulders at "standard" prosecutorial practice … —Wendy Kaminer, New York Times Book Review, 22 Mar. 1998
- … a hundred-and-one-year-old Jewish philanthropist … donated two and a quarter million dollars to the Archdiocese to purchase the property and preserve the integrity of the landmark. —Brendan Gill, New Yorker, 10 June 1991
He's a man of the highest integrity.
I admire her artistic integrity.
She had the integrity to refuse to compromise on matters of principle.
Without music, the film loses its integrity.
They are trying to preserve the cultural integrity of the community.
The earthquake may have damaged the building's structural integrity.
Recent Examples of integrity from the Web
The integrity of that list has been extremely important to Trump’s relationship with the conservative movement and particularly with conservative Christian leaders.
The Aggie core values are respect, leadership, integrity, loyalty, excellence and selfless service and Mike was all that.
The United States Supreme Court in Kyles versus Whitley said the integrity of the investigation is always at issue and must always be at issue in the case.
The integrity of the ballot counting process is critical to ensure that all votes are accurately counted.
In a profession where personal integrity is sacrosanct, forcing people to publicly deny their own identity could lead only to trouble.
Importantly, recognize that integrity is not unique to any one culture.
Kenneth Watkins, who has been placed on administrative leave to preserve the integrity the investigation.
Regardless of the particulars of any future sports betting law, the integrity of our game remains our highest priority.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'integrity.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
beguilement, craftiness, cunning, cunningness, furtiveness, guile, indirection, insidiousness, oiliness, perfidy, slickness, slipperiness, slyness, smoothness, treacherousness, trickery, underhandedness, unscrupulousness, wiliness;
Synonym Discussion of integrity
INTEGRITY Defined for English Language Learners
Definition of integrity for English Language Learners
: the quality of being honest and fair
: the state of being complete or whole
INTEGRITY Defined for Kids
Definition of integrity for Students
- a person of integrity
- The building has structural integrity.
medical Definition of integrity
- personality function depends greatly upon the integrity of brain function
- —Diagnostic & Statistical Manual
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up integrity? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).