if memory serves (me) (rightly/correctly)idiom
Definition of if memory serves (me) (rightly/correctly)
: if I remember accurately If memory serves me (rightly/correctly), his name is John.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?