if (one's) memory serves one (right/correctly)idiom
Definition of if (one's) memory serves one (right/correctly)
—used to make a statement of something one remembers less definite If (my) memory serves me (right/correctly), she is from Los Angeles.If memory serves, you're an artist.
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game