if (one's) memory serves one (right/correctly)idiom
Definition of if (one's) memory serves one (right/correctly)
—used to make a statement of something one remembers less definite If (my) memory serves me (right/correctly), she is from Los Angeles.If memory serves, you're an artist.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game