have little/nothing to recommend him/her/itidiom
Definition of have little/nothing to recommend him/her/it
: to have little/nothing to make him/her/it seem attractive or good He has little/nothing to recommend him as a political candidate.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game