have little/nothing to recommend him/her/itidiom
Definition of have little/nothing to recommend him/her/it
: to have little/nothing to make him/her/it seem attractive or good He has little/nothing to recommend him as a political candidate.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game