get on with (something or someone)idiom
Definition of get on with (something or someone)
1 : to continue doing (something) I didn't mean to interrupt you. I'll let you get on with your work. You need to stop feeling sorry for yourself and just get on with your life. This introduction is taking forever. I wish they'd just get on with it the play.
2 chiefly British : to be or remain friendly with (someone) They've never really got on with each other.
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?