Definition of fowler
(Entry 1 of 3)
Fowlerbiographical name (1)
Definition of Fowler (Entry 2 of 3)
Henry Watson 1858–1933 English lexicographer
Fowlerbiographical name (2)
Definition of Fowler (Entry 3 of 3)
William Alfred 1911–1995 American physicist
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game