Definition of factorial
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of factorial (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : the product of all the positive integers from 1 to n —symbol n!
2 : the quantity 0! arbitrarily defined as equal to 1
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game