Definition of empowered
: having the knowledge, confidence, means, or ability to do things or make decisions for oneself … generations of educated, empowered women are moving into leadership across all sectors …— Pat Mitchell Ultimately, Consumer Reports hopes patients can be more empowered consumers when it comes to their health care.— Stephanie Dickrell … empowered personnel seek and eliminate the root causes of problems instead of being blamed for them.— Ellen Earle Chaffee and Daniel Seymour Karen felt empowered to address women's issues by the fact that she returned to school after a ten-year hiatus to stay home with her children.— Jill Eichhorn It is not insane to want to feel unafraid and empowered; it is human.— Jody M. Roy
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game