variants: or less commonly decadelong
Definition of decade-long
: lasting or occuring over a decade or about a decade A decade-long drought in Saskatchewan and Alberta nesting areas has cut sharply into the number of birds migrating into Idaho …— Dan Knauss The renegade gene that causes Huntington's disease has been found after a decade-long search …— Daniel Q. Haney
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game