Definition of coked-up
: high on cocaine Depending on whom you listen to, he was either too lazy, too broke or too coked-up to go out on assignment …— Anna Quindlen, Newsweek, 2 June 2003 Two men, two friends, enter a place of business, both—to use the vernacular—coked to the gills.— Lucius Shepard, Playboy, September 1986
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game