Definition of clusterfuck
: a complex and utterly disordered and mismanaged situation : a muddled mess Zap is funny. Zap has the hots for your mother, who, even if she weren't too wrapped up in the tragic clusterfuck of her own life to notice, would probably be out of his league anyway.— Jonathan Tropper, Everything Changes, 2005 As Luke tuned up, I watched as tourists snapped photos, panhandlers hassled the tourists, and junkies and drunks mixed it up like trained bears in a Russian circus during an earthquake. I realized that soon mine would be the loudest voice in this clusterfuck and that all these people would be staring at me.— Robert Wilder, Tales from the Teachers' Lounge, 2007
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?