cheer (someone or something) upidiom
Definition of cheer (someone or something) up
1 : to make (someone) happier We tried our best to cheer the children up.
2 : to make (something) more cheerful or pleasant Bright colors really cheer up a room.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game