Definition of bulgogi
: a Korean dish of thinly sliced, marinated beef that is grilled or panfried Bulgogi, a traditional Korean barbecue …, marries the sweetness of sugar and scallion, the spiciness of black pepper and raw garlic, and the earthiness of toasted sesame to create perfectly charred beef with the sugars caramelizing the outside of the meat. Classically, one would wrap this barbecue in lettuce leaves with more garlic, miso paste, and chili, …— Anita Lo, The Advocate, May 2009
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?