Definition of backcourtmate
: a fellow guard on a basketball team : a player stationed on the backcourt with a fellow teammate Scott won three NBA titles during 11 seasons playing with the Lakers … as Magic Johnson's backcourtmate.— Tom Withers, Associated Press, 1 July 2010
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?