Definition of back-ordered
: ordered for purchase or delivery but not yet available : placed on back order a list of back-ordered merchandise The LX450 is back-ordered at many Lexus dealers.— Michael Shnayerson She looked for generic brands of the medicine, but found they were back-ordered or unavailable for purchase.— Kara Driscoll
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game