Definition of aggregometer
: an instrument for measuring the aggregation of platelets in a sample of blood Finally, a clinically easy-to-use and accurate bedside platelet aggregometer may help deliver optimal antiplatelet therapy to our patients.— Steven P. Schulman, Journal of the American Medical Association, 20 Oct. 2004
Note: An aggregometer records the changes in the relative intensities of light passing through a sample of blood when it is treated with an agent (such as ADP or collagen) that acts to aggregate platelets.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game