Definition of affronted
: feeling or showing anger or indignation at some offense or insult He sounded deeply/highly affronted. … a lady with gray curls, walking her dog, looked up in affronted surprise at the impertinence of his smile …— Belva Plain The two are civil to each other now, but Sampson felt affronted and doesn't conceal his coolness toward Fitch.— Alexander Wolff
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game