Zagros Mountainsgeographical name
Definition of Zagros Mountains
mountains in western and southern Iran bordering on Turkey, Iraq, and the Persian Gulf
Note: The highest point in the Zagros Mountains is over 14,000 feet (4267 meters).
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game