Definition of Zanzibar
Note: Zanzibar was formerly a sultanate. With Pemba and adjacent islands it formed a British protectorate. It became independent in 1963 and united with Tanganyika in 1964 to form Tanzania.
Note: The city of Zanzibar is the capital of the island and was formerly capital of the protectorate.
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game