Definition of ulster
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of Ulster (Entry 2 of 2)
Note: Ulster was an ancient Irish province which split into several kingdoms in medieval times. After the Anglo-Norman invasion in the 12th centry, Ulster eventually came under the control of the British crown and in the 16th centry was divided into nine counties, three of which joined the Irish Free State (now the republic of Ireland) in 1921 while the rest remained with the United Kingdom.
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game