United Arab Emiratesgeographical name
Definition of United Arab Emirates
country in northeastern Arabia on the Persian Gulf between Qatar and Oman capital Abu Dhabi area 32,278 square miles (83,600 square kilometers), population 9,701,000
Note: The United Arab Emirates is a republic composed of seven sheikhdoms (Abu Dhabi, ʽAjman, Al Fujayrah, Ash Shariqah, Dubayy, Ra's al Khaymah, and Umm al Qaywayn) formerly under British protection.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/15/19
- 'Cliché': We’ve Heard It All Before
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
Ask the Editors
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game