variants: or less commonly Tokharian
Definition of Tocharian
1a : a language of central Asia known from documents from the sixth to eighth centuries a.d.
b : a branch of the Indo-European language family containing Tocharian — see Indo-European Languages Table
2 : a member of a people of presumably Indo-European speech dwelling in central Asia during the first millennium of the Christian era
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game