Definition of Titus
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : an early Christian convert who assisted Paul in his missionary work
2 : a letter written on the subject of pastoral care in the early church and included as a book in the New Testament — see Bible Table
Definition of Titus (Entry 2 of 2)
a.d. 39–81 Titus Flavius Vespasianus Roman emperor (79–81)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game