Definition of Sweden
country (a kingdom) in northern Europe on the peninsula of Scandinavia west of the Baltic Sea; capital Stockholm area 173,665 square miles (449,792 square kilometers), population 8,015,797
Note: Northernmost Sweden is north of the Arctic Circle.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game