Definition of Sweden
country (a kingdom) in northern Europe on the peninsula of Scandinavia west of the Baltic Sea; capital Stockholm area 173,665 square miles (449,792 square kilometers), population 8,015,797
Note: Northernmost Sweden is north of the Arctic Circle.
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?