Stellwagen Bankgeographical name
Definition of Stellwagen Bank
underwater ridge 19 miles (30.5 kilometers) long by 6 miles (9.5 kilometers) wide in the Atlantic at the entrance to Massachusetts Bay
Note: An area of rich biodiversity, Stellwagen Bank has been set aside as an 842 square mile (2181 square kilometer) national marine sanctuary.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game