Definition of Sikkim
former country in southeastern Asia on the southern slope of the Himalayas between Nepal and Bhutan and south of China (Tibet) area 2744 square miles (7107 square kilometers), population 610,577
Note: Since 1975 Sikkim has been a state of India with Gangtok as its capital.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?