Quem quaeritis?Latin phrase
variants: or Quem queritis?
Definition of Quem quaeritis?
(Entry 1 of 2)
Quem quaer·i·tis | \ ¦kwemˈkwerətə̇s\
Definition of Quem quaeritis (Entry 2 of 2)
: an Easter introit trope derived from the account of the visit to Christ's tomb by the women, acted in the 10th century by ecclesiastics, and in its amplified dramatized form being the earliest known liturgical drama
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game