Quabbin Reservoirgeographical name
Definition of Quabbin Reservoir
reservoir in west central Massachusetts put into use in 1939 and providing water to metropolitan Boston area 39 square miles (101 square kilometers)
Note: Quabbin Reservoir was created by the damming of a small river. In the process, 2500 people were displaced and four towns were permanently flooded.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game