Definition of Minnesota
1 river 332 miles (534 kilometers) long in the southern part of the state of Minnesota flowing from Big Stone Lake to the Mississippi River
2 state in the northern U.S. bordering on Ontario and Manitoba, Canada, and on Lake Superior; capital Saint Paul area 84,068 square miles (218,577 square kilometers), population 5,303,925
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game