variants: or Malacca
Definition of Melaka
1 state of Malaysia on the Strait of Malacca in the western peninsular part of the country area 640 square miles (1648 square kilometers), population 805,000
2 city, seaport, and capital of the state of Melaka population 250,635
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game