Ivory Coastgeographical name
Definition of Ivory Coast
1 region of western Africa bordering on the Atlantic west of the Gold Coast
2 country in western Africa including the Ivory Coast region and its hinterland; a republic; formerly a territory of French West Africa; official capital Yamoussoukro, seat of government Abidjan area 124,503 square miles (322,463 square kilometers), population 22,650,000
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game