Definition of Indochina
1 peninsula in southeastern Asia; includes Myanmar (Burma), Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, and Peninsular Malaysia
2 or French Indochina former country in southeastern Asia comprising Annam, Cochin China, and Tonkin (all now part of Vietnam), Cambodia, and Laos; capital Hanoi
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?