Girardbiographical name (1)
Definition of Girard
(Entry 1 of 2)
Jean-Baptiste 1765–1850 Swiss Franciscan and educator
Girardbiographical name (2)
Definition of Girard (Entry 2 of 2)
Stephen 1750–1831 American (French-born) financier
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?