Black Seageographical name
Definition of Black Sea
sea between Europe and Asia that is connected with the Aegean Sea through the Bosporus, Sea of Marmara, and Dardanelles and receives the Danube and several other rivers area more than 160,000 square miles (414,400 square kilometers)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game