Easter Islandgeographical name
Definition of Easter Island
island of Chile in the southeastern Pacific 2000 miles (3200 kilometers) west of the coast area 46 square miles (119 square kilometers)
Note: Easter Island has hundreds of large monolithic statues with human features.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?