A Coruñageographical name
Definition of A Coruña
1 province of northwestern Spain in Galicia bordering on the Atlantic area 3041 square miles (7876 square kilometers), population 1,141,286
2 or Corunna \ kə-ˈrə-nə \ commune, port on the Atlantic, and capital of the province of A Coruña population 236,379
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game