Definition of Brunei
1 independent sultanate and former British protectorate in northwestern Borneo divided into two noncontiguous parts, both of which border on the South China Sea and are surrounded on three sides by Malaysia; capital Bandar Seri Begawan area 2226 square miles (5765 square kilometers), population 406,200
2 — see bandar seri begawan
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game