Definition of Barcelona
1 province of northeastern Spain in Catalonia on the Mediterranean Sea area 2986 square miles (7734 square kilometers), population 5,522,565
2 city, port on the Mediterranean Sea, and capital of the province of Barcelona population 1,611,013
3 city in northeastern Venezuela near the coast population 109,061
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game