Definition of Barcelona
1 province of northeastern Spain in Catalonia on the Mediterranean Sea area 2986 square miles (7734 square kilometers), population 5,522,565
2 city, port on the Mediterranean Sea, and capital of the province of Barcelona population 1,611,013
3 city in northeastern Venezuela near the coast population 109,061
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?